Encore Redevelopment seeks a highly motivated individual with the proven skills, experience, and attitude to fill a critical Project Manager role in our expanding renewable energy development firm operating primarily within the State of Vermont but also throughout the Northeast. The successful candidate will be adept at managing multi-stakeholder projects, internal processes, project-specific subcontractor activities, and investor/client expectations. Moreover, he or she will report to the Vice President of Development and bring the following capacities to support the firm's practice:
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide project management services, including facilitating and managing multi-stakeholder projects and cross-functional Encore teams;
- Assist in developing and negotiating legal contracts, including lease agreements, power purchase agreements, net metering contracts, project management agreements, subcontractor agreements, etc.;
- Provide assistance with project development activities including resource evaluations, fatal flaw analyses, general project due diligence, etc.;
- Assist in writing proposals, prospectus materials, and other applications;
- Develop and manage critical path schedules and project budgets; responsibilities include tracking project milestones and deliverables, coordinating weekly project meetings, and developing and delivering progress reports;
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve any project issues and conflicts;
- Assist in management of design, permitting, and construction of renewable energy systems , predominantly solar PV facilities, on brownfields, farms, buildings, and municipal properties;
- Build on and improve existing project management protocols and systems in order to improve business efficiency and corporate/investor/client returns;
- Support presentations for potential projects to clients including businesses, government bodies, school boards, etc.;
- Perform research and analysis on renewable energy business trends and markets as well as legislative/policy developments;
- Support marketing and business development efforts;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Encore is an early-stage, fast-paced entrepreneurial firm with limited administrative staff. All team members are required to devote time and energy to supporting business operations.
- 3-5 years of relevant project management experience;
- B.A./B.S. degree in a relevant field of study required. Advanced degree preferred;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, with superior proficiency in Microsoft Excel;
- Proficiency and thorough understanding of project management tools and technology;
- Ability to rapidly integrate new concepts, legislation, and business models into the company toolbox;
- A desire to work on projects related to alternative energy development, brownfields redevelopment, and sustainability. Experience in these areas preferred;
- Self-motivated and well organized with proven ability to perform at a high level with limited direct oversight and management;
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment;
- Demonstrated success at building team relationships and partnerships across organizational lines;
- A high degree of emotional intelligence.
Vision and Values
Encore Redevelopment is committed to a triple bottom line approach to business, focusing on financial returns while also striving to have a positive impact on the environment and community at large. We are also collaborative and supportive, believing in a team approach to business. We expect all Encore employees to share these same core values.
Base pay will be market competitive with potential for significant bonus.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.